Sunday 13 January 2013

I wandered again...

Shoot, shoot, shoot everything which comes my way...well, with my camera I mean. That is what I decided to do during my recent trip to Thrissur, which also happens to be the cultural capital of Kerala. As the Chinese proverb goes "One time seen is better than one hundred times heard about", this time I just wanted to walk, stroll, just wander and see...


Vadakkunnathan Temple. Vadakkunnathan simply means Lord of the North aka Lord Shiva. As a matter of fact, the name "Thrissur" itself is an abridged version of Thrisivaperoor, which means "a city named after Lord Shiva". This is one of the structure which symbolizes this city. And yes, the picture above is not of the temple, it is only one of its entrance gates.


The Rice Bazar. This market is more than 200 years old. Impressive isn't? This place was abuze with activities like "you blink and miss it ". I would like to return there again and spent some more time clicking...




Our Lady of Dolours Basilica or Puttan Palli as it is known locally is another landmark of Thrissur city. It is famous not just for the magnificient Gothic style architecture but also for a rich history. I heard that there is a watch tower at the backyard of this church from where one can see the entire Thrissur city. But they don't allow cameras there so..

This is only a portion of the city. Well, I had to leave something for the next time.. :-)

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you :) Good pics..isn't it? Ah..the place is so beautiful what to do pics comes out good. Keep visiting DC.

      Delete